Wednesday, May 01, 2019

May Goals



April was so short! I spent the first 10 days in Dubai, and then I spent the next 5 days recovering from Dubai (jet lag is arlakgjsdhblarg!), and then all of a sudden April was half over! But boy oh boy, now that April is 100% over, have I ever learned some lessons let me tell you!



1. I want to feel relaxed on my trip to Dubai to visit my family! Yep yep yep.

2. I want to feel energy and work towards figuring out a good balance of diet, exercise, and mind work. This happened, but not purposefully, and not in the way I expected. I am dealing with long-term iron deficiency that is now significantly impacting my energy, my health, my strength...all these things that I already struggle with. I have been eating meat (gasp!), and going for slow walks, and being very gentle with myself. This is going to be a longer term work-in-progress and I'm still not sure how I feel about that. But I am glad I put it on this list, because even though I didn't "solve" it, it's in my face now and I can't ignore it.



3. I want to feel absorbed and work on a "100 Days of" project. Wheee yessiree! My project this year is unstructured and so relaxed and it's so different from past year's and yet also exactly what I need right now! I wrote more about it here, and already finished my first Project!

4. I want to feel triumphant and complete something that really challenges me. I left this as a TBD at the start of April, and while I didn't really consciously decide on it, after it happened I realized that I found my challenge this month.


APRIL (SNOW) SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS
1. I want to feel present and make a plan to celebrate Mother's Day my way. 2. I want to feel flow and make some changes to the way I'm living in my home. 3. I want to feel steady and make a schedule for Lucas' nights here. 4. I want to feel curious and do some deeper thinking about my word and my Big Life Goals.

May can sometimes be a strange month for me, as this is the month I got married all those years ago. And celebrating motherhood as a "single" mom is always deep-though-inducing. The Daily Habit I am adding this month is about finances, and with the plan to focus on more of my Big Life Goals I think this will be a month of slow and steady movement dotted with bursts of colour.

FURTHER READING
January 2019 Goals
February 2019 Goals
March 2019 Goals
April 2019 Goals
You can read about my overall plan for 2019 here.
I am tracking my Daily Practices with my favourite tool, created by Elise Cripe. You can download her "Habit Tracker" here.. (It will download automatically).

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!