Monday, April 01, 2019

April Goals


Ugh March. You can go suck a duck.

MARCH SUMMARY
1. I want to feel creative and do a daily ART practice. Aside from a couple of days where I just ran out of time, I had a great month of creativity! I learned a lot, grew a lot, and enjoyed the space to create with no rules, judgement, or expectations. I'll be posting the entire album here soon.

2. I want to feel purposeful and seek out knowledge that will help me further my big goals. I'm not sure how successful I was on this one, but I did appreciate the call out. I was able to find some library books that I think will help in this (for future months), and had some real talk moments with myself where I asked myself some questions about my goals. Why have big goals if you're not going to work on them? What does it take every day to be successful? What happens when your goals change?

3. I want to feel empowered and volunteer with a political party or action group. We're in an election cycle right now. The writ dropped in the middle of the month, and I put my name down for a lawn sign, asked them to call me so I could help out and now I'm leaving the country! I still ended up feeling empowered, as I've been reading up on election issues and doing my part in educating folks who pass by this little internet bubble of mine.

4. I want to feel trusted and help Lucas work on BIG LIFE stuff. This was a very big deal for me this month, and I see it connecting to so many other pieces of life, and life work. Thanks to the improvement in the weather, we have been going for more walks. I use every moment of those walks to connect with him. We have also started playing video games together. What a difference it has made to join in with his favourite activity!


HELLO APRIL. LET'S GET TO IT
1. I want to feel relaxed on my trip to Dubai to visit my family! 2. I want to feel energy and work towards figuring out a good balance of diet, exercise, and mind work. 3. I want to feel absorbed and work on a "100 Days of" project. 4. I want to feel triumphant and complete something that really challenges me (what exactly is TBD).

April is going to disappear so fast! I'm in Dubai for the first couple of weeks, a much needed vacation that I am going to use as a "reset" to Spring so I can hit the ground running once I'm back in Edmonton. I've got loads of plans, but I also need to plan some downtime so I can stop running myself into the ground. This month is all about balance.


FURTHER READING
January 2019 Goals
February 2019 Goals
March 2019 Goals
You can read about my overall plan for 2019 here.
I am tracking my Daily Practices with my favourite tool, created by Elise Cripe. You can download her "Habit Tracker" here.. (It will download automatically).
This podcast - Their Own Devices - is a tool I am using to help me be a more involved parent. I highly recommend the episode on smartphones.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!