Friday, February 01, 2019

February Goals


Still riding high on Big 2019 Energy, carrying these vibes into February, the month to celebrate love and Black history - two of my faves.

My focus over the next 28 days is to continue thinking about what I want the year to look like, but also to drill down into some of the big intentions I envision for myself. Today I start on the second Daily Practice I want to make a habit of this year, adding "wash at least one dish" to January's journaling practice. I hope to have started 10 Daily Practices by the end of the year, adding one per month until October.

JANUARY SUMMARY
I set out four pretty fabulous "feelings goals" for January (read the full post here) and I think I did pretty good on them! I always love the feeling of a new year, and have learned to take advantage of that burst of energy over the first few months. Everything is doable, everything is achievable, and there is time for everything. I know this feeling will wane before spring - it has every year - but I never think of it as a failure. Especially when I fill January through March with so many awesome things!

1. I want to Feel Connected and invite my parents over to see my new couch. My Mom came over for dinner one night while my step-Dad was out of town, which is always nice (I LOVE cooking for my parents). And my Dad was over one night as well to drop Lucas off, but he says he doesn't remember seeing the couch!

2. I want to Feel Joy and to Feel Challenged and go on a winter (ski) adventure in Jasper. I wrote more on this amazing, joyous, beautiful experience on the blog here.

3. I want to Feel In Control and find success in my first month of sobriety. I think I am still in shock about how good my first sober month went. Like, so. dang. good. I will have to write some more about this, because I literally cannot believe it.

4. I want to Feel Strong and complete a full month of Body Boss. I was doing SO GOOD and then the last week of the month hit me, and hit me hard. But, I am still counting this as a success because look at all the smiles!!!!


AND NOW ON TO FEBRUARY

1. I want to feel in control and ruthlessly cull my TBR ("To Be Read") lists. 2. I want to feel connected and host some friends for a Galentine's Day brunch. 3. I want to feel like a good role model for "Current Lucas" by helping him with his goals workbook, taking him skiing, and having good conversations. 4. I want to feel love and send happy Valentine vibes out in to the world.


FURTHER READING
You can read about my 2019 Goal Setting, um, goals here.
I am tracking my Daily Practices with my favourite tool, created by Elise Cripe. You can download her "Habit Tracker" here. (It will download automatically).

xo

Sign up here to receive my monthly newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!