Saturday, April 20, 2019

100 Days of Finishing Projects


One week after I officially started this season's 100 Day Project, I finished one of my projects! I feel weird getting excited about finishing this one so fast...it feels like a way to procrastinate doing the other ones. Oh well. A finished project is a finished project!

I started this back in March with the intent to do a page a day. I did really well until the last week, when I started getting busy packing for Dubai. All my free time was preparing for my big vacation, so this was put on hold.


First off, I wanted to show off the supplies I used for this book. The more I do little projects like this, the more I realize that I don't need fancy supplies. Simple acrylics and a few pens do the job just fine.

This way nothing feels too "precious" so I don't mind playing, experimenting, making messes and covering everything up when I change my mind!

Here's the whole book


My best tip for myself: when you're stuck, paint your palette.





"Hazeldean" is a representation of the Runtastic map of the walk we took as a family on March 17th.






The "fanciest" paints I used in this book were neon pink and shimmery copper (which doesn't show up in these photos...blast!)





FURTHER READING
Intro post to 100 Days of Finishing Projects
Working on a 100 Day Project is one of my April Goals.
100 Days of Carving Patterns (2018)
100 Days of Watercolour Whatevers (2017)
100 Days of Stamp Carving (2017). This was my first 100 Day Project
And all of my 100 Day Project posts are available here.
The official "The 100 Day Project" page is here.
If you like the "art journal" posts, check out this tag.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!