Sunday, September 30, 2018

Scrapbooking - This is 38

I am mostly finished my "This is 38" mini album from my recent birthday. Turns out I forgot to print two photos, so once those go in, I will be done-done. But there's no use waiting to post it!


As you can see, it's mostly photos. I used an old album I had in my stash, from a long forgotten thrift store visit. I love buying these types of albums because they are usually perfect for a quick mini album of an event or vacation. The photo sleeves are about 3.5 x 3.5, so I had all of my photos printed at 4x4 and trimmed them down accordingly.

Interspersed with the photos are a few journaling spots.

The stamp in the top photo is one I carved as part of my 100 Days of Stamp Carving projects. I cleaned it up a bit before stamping. And then I tidied some of the lines that weren't very dark, but I think I went too far! The leaf stamp is also from that 100 Days project. I grabbed a few autumn coloured stamp pads and applied the stamps to the side of each journaling card, which themselves are cut from some white cardstock I had already. I wanted a little bit of colour, but not too much.

In a small book like this, with limited journaling, I made use of a lot of "white space" in my photos and wrote or stamped on them.


This allowed me to add some notes, as-it-were, to some of the photos when I ran out of journaling space.

As you can hopefully see, I had a weekend full of love and peace, which is just what my heart needed.

FURTHER READING
All Birthday posts (That one from 2013 brings on ALL the FEELS)



1 comment:

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!