Thursday, January 03, 2019

January Goals


In 2018 I focused on crafting a 5 Year Plan. In 2016 I wrote out goals for the year under four headings, and then I tried to make a point of reading through those goals every month to see where I was at. In 2015 most of my goals were attached in some way to my OLW that year (Simplify). In 2014 and 2013 I wrote out monthly goals based on things I wanted to accomplish for the next month. And strangely there are NO posts in 2017 under the label "Goals". Hmm.

So, what does 2019 look like in the Goal department? Am I going to push forward on my 5 Year Plan? Do I need smaller, bite-sized goals to get me moving? Or do I finally need to re-focus on goals that help me feel the way I want?

Those are a lot of million dollar questions.

I like the idea of breaking up my goals by the month. That way I won't feel like I can procrastinate throughout the year, and then all of a sudden December is here and I'm stressed and disappointed that I didn't accomplish everything, that I didn't do more.

I also like the idea of creating "feelings goals" to focus on how I want to feel and then doing actions that get me to that feeling.

This is all going to be a work in progress for the next few months at least, so I can see if there are any kinks to work out. But I'm excited! I LOVE the fresh smell of a new year and the energy that comes with.

JANUARY GOALS

1. I want to Feel Connected and invite my parents over to see my new couch. 2. I want to Feel Joy and to Feel Challenged and go on a winter (ski) adventure in Jasper. 3. I want to Feel In Control and find success in my first month of sobriety. 4. I want to Feel Strong and complete a full month of Body Boss.

Happy New Year Friends!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!