Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Tuesday Link List - Happy New Year!


Alrighty folks! I know these aren't my most popular posts, BUT I like having a place I can capture all the awesome articles I read. If you like these posts, please drop me a comment. If you have any suggestions for improving them, ditto!

The holidays can be difficult for many people - those who are grieving, the first holiday alone after a divorce, in a new city with no friends or family, LGBTQ2S or fat folks with unsupportive family, etc. etc. forever. Here are 30 Ideas for Self Care During the Holidays (from A Serene Pursuit).

Now that we're into the new year, I am excited to get started on my 2019 TBR list! I definitely want to add more "diverse" books to the list, so I am really enjoying this article showing 8 Fiction Books with Non-Binary Characters on Autostraddle. Lots of good titles in here!

I really want to have a magical snowy adventure this month. Snowy Owl sled dog tours is looking pretty inviting right now!

I had a really hard time picking my One Little Word this year. Thankfully, Ali Edwards always has some great tips and words of advice. I also really enjoyed this episode of the Crafty Ass Female: Diving Deeper Into One Little Word. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my struggles!

One Little Word is something that guides my intentions and goals for the year, but I've got a lot of other "work" in store for my soul in 2019, including working through the Me and White Supremacy Workbook by Layla Saad.

Even with this important internal work happening, I know that my activism has to go beyond me this year as well, even though I don't yet know what that is going to look like. Some things I am passionate about right now are supervised drug consumption sites (inside Lethbridge's site here), affordable housing (more on Edmonton's recent announcement here), supporting independent media (read about some issues with the government fund for media here) and - as always - action on climate change.

Happy New Year Friends! Let's make 2019 an amazing year!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!