Monday, January 07, 2019

One Little Word 2018 - Summary


Every year I say I am going to post more here about my One Little Word work. And every year I am too busy doing the work to write about the work! That's not a bad problem to have!


NOVEMBER
The November workshop prompt was to "write a letter to yourself." I do enjoy this exercise, and while I kept it brief these were the words I needed to hear that month.


I also included more photos in October and November. While this isn't a direct nod to the workshop prompts, I have found that I like having more photos in this album, and my plan for documenting my 2019 word directly addresses this.

DECEMBER
In December I spent time reflecting on the year, what I learned thanks to my word, and what I want to take with me into 2019. I used the same prompts from the 2017 OLW workshop, but I don't think I like them. I just don't dig deep enough. Perhaps this year I will make a new plan for finishing up the year. I've got some time to think about it!

The final page is a photo of Lucas & I from our first walk of 2019. The first page of the album is a photo of myself at the beginning of the year. It's wild to see how much I have changed.

I am still working on the binding - it's beautiful, and my favourite, but it takes forever - but otherwise I am finished with 2018's album.

And so closes out the year...
I am excited to move on to my next word...which I have already chosen, and will post more about over the next few weeks.

FURTHER READING
All of my 2018 OLW posts are available here.
If you like the "art journal" posts, check out this tag.
And as always, find more information here about the creator of One Little Word - Ali Edwards - and the workshops and inspiration she provides.
My Connect 2018 Pinterest board.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!