Monday, September 16, 2013

Groupie

It is my birthday in one week. I am at a cross roads in my life and this date that should be filling me with joy is instead looming upon the horizon. A deadline. A line in the sand. The third act. A beginning and an ending? I am struggling with how I want this blog to continue. I am not sure if it will make it through. For now I am moving towards a simple sharing of photos and a few words. There are so many beautiful moments in this life, and memories to be made and shared. I want to share that and focus on that now. And not on what might be. I am done with that part of me on this blog. My secret that is not a secret, because I don't know how to hide my heart very well. I don't know what tomorrow will look like, but today I can be happy in this moment and in this memory of a lovely, beautiful, wonderful simple night.


I always feels so special when I go to a Ben Sures show. He always seems so genuinely happy to see me. He asked if he could have a hug! He messaged me the next day, thanking me for coming to the show and apologizing for not being able to chat! He is such a lovely man, and an amazing musician and story teller. Please find his music online, and experience the quirky, soulful, sexy sound. He has all of his CDs available for sale on his website bensures.com, and for sure the public library has some! I am beyond happy that I can support an artist that I truly respect and admire in my small way.


Sometimes a simple smile can make someone's night. Go ahead and make someone's night...

Son of Trouble release concert, Festival Place in Sherwood Park. We belong here...

later loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!