Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Skinny Mini"

This is my new nickname at work. I blush, and stay "no, stop," but I lurve it!

Last week I posted a couple of times about my new look (here and here) and this week I have one more.

And then I'm done with this here.

Probably.

I will start by saying: Jessica Simpson, I love you.

More specifically I love that when I went to the Bay try on dresses (for Jill's wedding, more on that later) I picked up a 12 in one of your beautiful teal and red numbers, and it was too big. I could have kissed you at that moment.

It wasn't the take-home dress of the day, but I did enjoy prancing around in the size 10 for a moment or two!

The next part of this story that makes me want to laugh and cry all in the same breath.

I grabbed a dress (the winner this time) in a size 14 and it was too big. There weren't a lot of sizes to choose from, but I found a 12 and tried it on. It was a little bit tight in the waist, and shorter than I anticipated, but it looked much more flattering than the larger size.

And then I actually looked at the tag.

I had to look a couple of times to be sure.

It was a size 6.

I fit in to a fricken size 6!

Granted, the dress is meant to fit a little loose I think, but I fit in to a fricken size 6 people!!


It's a Christmas Miracle!!!


I was going to wait to purchase it before I got someone's second opinion (who that person would have been is still a giant question mark), but I figured it was meant to be so I picked it up!

I got loads of compliments at Jill's wedding, including an inappropriate one from a (much) older gentleman in the elevator...ewww!

I'll post photos later, with a wedding re-cap as well. Everyone was looking so great that night! Even KC dressed up...another Christmas Miracle!!


later loves

6 comments:

  1. Whoot Whoot! I actually just cheered for you! Eeeee!
    Sexy skinny mini!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please excuse the forthcoming all caps spam that you'll get in...3...2...

    A SIX???? Holy crap nuggets. You looked AWESOME Friday and now that I know it was A SIX!!!! (4 exclamation points, for emphasis) you looked even more awesome. M-Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are too sweet! I didn't actually buy the six...that would have been ridiculous!

      Delete
  3. WHISTLE, CLAP, CHEER! You look mahvalous, dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, the Unknown post was me, your anutie. I'm a klutz. I'm just trying blogging, mainly so I could add the odd comment to yours and not just feel like a stalker, 'cause I read yours all the time. So here is what I was trying to say....YOU look GREAT, Congratulations! You have inspired me. I joined Weight Watchers and so far I am down 7.2 lbs.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!