Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LR/DR After!

If you didn't check out the "Before-Slash-Middle" photos in this post, you might want to take a trip back through time to really see what I was dealing with!


And now let me wow and amaze you with the "After-Slash-As-Good-As-It-Gets" shots!




 You might remember those non-goals I set for myself earlier in the week. Let's see how I did...
#1. Tidy, de-clutter and purge a lot of stuff from my LR/DR. That includes the empty cardboard box taking up space, that just needs to go out to the bin, as well as all of Lucas' stuff that I keep meaning to do something with! Get rid of the end table! I pretty much did all of these, but the biggest ones on my list were get rid of the box (done!) and the end table (sold for $20!). I just moved the rest of the stuff/junk out of the way to get the pictures (cheater!). I need to get the rest of the DR shelves put in so I can put everything in its final home.

#2. Move the last Expedit from DR to LR, and get the tv up on it, with Russel's help of course! Move the pictures that will then be hidden behind the tv somewhere else. Done! And I didn't even need Russel's help with it! And I found an extension cord with no purpose back there, so technically, I'm ahead of the curve!! Man are there a lot of cables and cords and crap that exist behind a "home entertainment unit"!

#3. Find some cheap, yet fabulous fabric and find the extra curtain rods collecting dust somewhere in the house and make new curtains for the sliding doors, cause those dirty blinds have got to go!! I purchased some pre-made drapes and sheers from IKEA, along with a couple of rods. The curtains are a great dark grey, and the sheers are patternless white. I feel like these are very "adult curtains" and I am quite enjoying them!


That's pretty good for me!! I finished all three goals! I think the entire re-do cost me about $140: curtains, curtain rods and giant frame all included. I can't read my IKEA receipt, so I really have no clue what anything specific cost, or what any of it is called so maybe you can shop like me! I bought some BESK and RITVA and UNG DRILL and a WILMA...go figure...


I even managed to create a lovely rainbow mantle display. That wreath has got to go, but other than that I quite enjoy all the colours going on here!
I still have to finish the large frame. I'm going to either fill it with cork, or make a fabric board to tack up cards and other cute things that come in to the house. I have been eyeing this frame for ages, and am happy it is finally hanging in my home!


The DR is still far from being done. So, so far...But I will post some in-progress pics once I start putting the giant wall of shelves up. I am so excited to be more organized in here! Everything is going to have a place to go permanently and I'll have room for some kitchen stuff and books, and photo albums, and it will be so great! After this is all done, I want to tackle the master bedroom...


I have a little LR DIY to share with you...later tonight...I need to pull the spray paint back out and set up a little screen before I finish it off. Right now, I have to clean off the DR table so we have somewhere to eat dinner! All my LR leftovers ended up there, and it's quite covered.


later skater alligator

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, did you ever get a lot done! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!