Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crafty Thursday

 These photos were taken at my good buddy's birthday party back in May. Scotty D turned 31 and we had a great dinner at Teddy's and some karaoke at Rosarios to celebrate. It's the old high school crowd...all grown up! A couple of minutes later Scott's wife Jessica (the gorgeous gal to his right) knocked her menu against his beer, which proceeded to spill all over me. Yes I ended up with beer all over my skirt and legs and we weren't even at a bar yet! And no, that's not the first time it has happened to me...

Layout Details:
Pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket (martini glass tag)
Label stickers: My Mind's Eye (at the top) and 7Gypsies (tiny)
Tape: 7Gypsies
Banner and letter stickers: Jenni Bowlin, the little black letters are My Little Shoebox
Gold things are Ernst Friehoff, or something equally German.
Lace is Webster's Pages?
Hearts are Tim Holtz/Ranger grungeboard
Rhinestone brads are unknown

Techniques:
#1. The edges of the cardstock were inked with Wild Honey and maybe Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I flick water on these areas right away for that extra distressed and watermarked look! Favourite new technique! The rest of the background is a Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamp done over and over again.
#2. The hearts are treated with the same Distress Ink + Water technique, this time using red inks.

So far so good, with me keeping up with Crafty Thursday. Of course, it helped that I wrote this post last week and scheduled it to run today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!