Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twisted Sketches

The sketch this week was another great one...that I turned on it's side. That just seems to work better for me and my little layouts!
Oak Park - Twisted Sketches #73
The twist is "Black"
Supplies used:
- pattern paper is new Kaiser Craft
- Ribbon is unknown and the ruler tape is Tim Holtz
-Brads are from Making Memories (canvas) and American Crafts (black rhinestones)
- Alpha stickers are Doodlebug
- Rub ons are Basic Grey (from their new travel line), Hambly (silver lace), old KI Memories (Love Elsie, Xmas line) and Rouge de Garance (those black lines)
- Tickets are Jenni Bowlin (star) and Tim Holtz ("live")
- the shiny gold tape is Tim Holtz metal tape
- and the word stickers are from the new Cosmo Cricket line which I am totally in love with!
Other:
- vintage bingo marker
- black thread from IKEA
- shiny stars
- label from DMC embroidery floss
A technique you might be interested in:
Instead of using paper to make the blocked background, I used my sewing machine to stitch a rectangle on the background paper. I wanted to be able to see the text come through, but I also wanted to mark off that area. You could also achieve the same result with watered down paint or ink, vellum or a transparency.
Check out all the other interpretations here. And leave the ladies some love!

These are some photos from our Portland trip...I love carnival rides at night! We had a lot of fun here. During the walk back to the bus stop, Lucas kept complaining that we took away all his fun, and he was really mad at us!

later skater alligator

2 comments:

  1. This is cute and edgy at the same time, Lisa, I really like it. I'm liking your new bloggy backdrop too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super amazing layout! I love all the unique embellishments you included on the layout, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!