Thursday, September 24, 2009

better today

I don't know why I was in such a foul mood for my birthday. It has never effected me before. I like birthdays! Oh well. It has passed. I am me again.

Every once and awhile I hear a song that just possesses me. This week, this month, this song.







I watched this video on my iPod last night, and I just couldn't put it down. Loves loves.

"beg borrow and steal all your time"

the bass, the drums (ooooh), the piano getting in there. the heavenly vocals. makes my knees weak.
and it doesn't hurt that they're pretty easy on the eyes as well!


So mom-in-law (love her!) got me a HUGE iTunes gift card, and I've been spending it wisely!
Here's the latest playlist:
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz album
White Rabbits - It's Frightening album
Little Boots - New in Town
Miike Snow - Animal
Wild Light - California on My Mind (there is some "explicit" language in this one people...fyi)


And Russ (love of my life) bought me a docking station/"stereo"/alarm clock/awesomeness for my birthday so I put all these guys on their very own playlist and have it on repeat repeat repeat. Keeps me from going crazy with all the playschool s$%t on my plate this week.


Lucas is funny: In the car the other day (which is now named Tardis...bonus points for those of you who know what that's from...) the new Mute Math song came on and then I turned the car off. Well, Lucas tells me he really likes that song. "I wonder if it will be on the new Lightning McQueen Cars soundtrack?" From the mouth of babes. So I turned the car back on so we could listen some more.

Just googled Mute Math. Awesomeness abounds today my friends!
a key-tar t-shirt!!! and in every colour too...

and their album cover is just amazing.

and check out the header picture on their store. Hilarity!!!

If any of you have some good music-finds, please pass them my way! I am always on the lookout for new tunes.

I was Etsy-browsing the other day...DANGER DANGER. Lots of most-awesome vintage goodies.
But I must be a good girl, so I went to Value Village after work for some real life browsing. I'll have to take a picture of my excellent finds.
Including a practically brand new Joe Fresh t-shirt, the most rad long-sleeved, man-made materials, teal "blazer" (it was in the ladies' jacket section). I pretty much fell in love with it when I saw the little gold pin on the lapel that reads "80"...I think it's because the only person who would be caught wearing it is a little old 80-year old lady, or someone who takes their fashion cues from 1980. Well, I was born in 1980, so that's the direction I'm taking with it!!!
I also lucked out and found a "random item housewares bag" with some watercolour pencils in it! And a super old tick-tock clock. I am a little bit head over heels in love with old clocks, so I had to have it. Now it's tick-tock is keeping me company.

"Tick-tock" reminds me of the Oz books, and the other movies in the Wizard of Oz legacy. Him and the Pumpkin head guy. Return to Oz was an amazing story.

I took some pictures yesterday of my birthday "celebration"...nothing too fancy. So I'll post those tomorrow when I get a chance. We went to Brewsters for dinner, then played some Lego Star Wars Wii before bed. Lucas & I were both very sleepy. Thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes, and especially to Kara who bought me a yummy cake and had all the girls at work sign a repurposed card! You are too good to me! loves loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!