Monday, May 04, 2020

Favourite Plus Fun Fact


In early March, I started participating in an Instagram "hashtag" started by a local artist. It was fun at first, but quickly became stressful and overwhelming for me. (Especially when I saw what the other folks were creating in response to the prompts.) I realized then that I wanted a simple, silly, easy creative outlet in these PANDEMIC TIMES. So I created "Favourite Plus Fun Fact".

Everyday I could share a drawing of a favourite something. And a fun fact about that thing or why it was a favourite. For the first few days, I was coming up with the something on the fly. But then I got my proverbial shit together and started writing out my options. I figured if I could put together enough prompts to take me to the end of April, I was laughing.

I created some graphics to share on IG in case anyone wanted to play along, and off I went! It was "real" now.

WHAT I WANTED

I was really hoping that this would catch on! That parents and their kids would sit down to create with each other. And that this would become a "thing".

And you know. Sometimes things don't go as planned!


WHAT I GOT

But I had fun! And we had some good chats in the Comments too. And my pal Nicole played along with all the prompts. And would text me pictures of her creations at the end of the day (for which I am 100% eternally grateful).

And most importantly I now have a fun book filled with drawings of some of my favourite things. A good reminder to create for yourself first.

It also served as a fun way to practice some new Photoshop skills! My goal at the end of April was to start looking into online education opportunities. And Photoshop was at the top of the list.

But rest assured, pencil crayons still hold my heart.

xo
Lis

Favourite Plus Fun Fact from Lisa Kercher on Vimeo.

FURTHER READING

If you are also looking for Photoshop help, I have found some good articles on the Adobe site (here). Otherwise, I use the "Guided" setting within Photoshop for the basic actions.

From the Archives - I used to do a "feature" on this blog called "Tell a Story." This one from 2013 about Lucas and drawing is the sweetest.

I really enjoy creating mini albums out of envelopes, old cards or other bits of paper that would normally go in the recycle. Here's a fun one I did for my 5 Year Plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!