Thursday, September 06, 2018

Scrapbooking - Family Photo Mini Album

This album came together so smoothly, and I am excited to finally share it!

One of my favourite ways to make the bones of a mini album is to re-use those random greeting cards you used to get for free when you donated to the Diabetes Foundation or Easter Seals or whatever. They are the perfect thin, but not too thin cardstock, and they are already a folded page! I tape them together with packing tape - however many I need to make the book - then add photos and embellishments.

All of the bits in this album are "leftovers" from my stash. Random paper, embellishments, and stickers that I pulled together that were sort of the same colours and theme. This is a super easy way to put together a mini album, and a very low stress way to use up some leftovers from other projects.

That flourish sticker in the photo above is so dang old and I used the other half of it on something else. I love that I still have these bits that remind me of how I got started in scrapbooking and memory keeping, and how the things I loved then are the same as things I love now.


SCRAPBOOKING TIP
Don't throw out your old rub-on letters! They are a great way to create a patterned background! Even if they don't rub-on perfectly...they look so dang cool!


PHOTO STORY
These photos are from our family photo session in October 2017. Our photographer - Jamie Hunter - gives us 7-8 photos as part of our package, and while I print a few to hang up at home, I love to be able to have them all in one place to look through as well. Hence the mini album.

When I flip through, all the memories from that day come flooding back. Lucas & I met a couple of my friends for brunch that morning, so we were late to the session. Dan was working that day, but drove back into town, got changed in his truck, and did the photos before heading back to work. It was so cold that day, so I would take my coat off for a photo, then put it back on as we walked to the next spot. Lucas & Jamie talked about Pokemon Go as we wandered through Whitemud Park, and we talked about Halloween and our fave horror movies and shows. Jamie & I had a great chat in the parking lot after our session, while Lucas played on his phone in the car!


xo

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea; such a cute and simple way to keep all the photos together.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!