Thursday, April 02, 2020

COVID Elephant in the Room

I wrote this at the beginning of March.

Inconvenience. At this point, for me personally, that's all this (still) is. I had to cancel Art Night. My fave hobby - grocery shopping - is limited, filled with new rules. My big Accountability Club goal is in the shitter.

But I am healthy, I have a job and I can work from home. My son is old enough to be at home by himself, and feed and entertain himself. I hate "silver lining" rhetoric in the face of hard times, but I 100% believe in recognizing and acknowledging joy and gratitude in among the shit.

I am always painfully aware & conscious of my weaknesses, but lately I have started paying more attention to my strengths. And I am trying to watch for that in others.

Let's play a game!

Grab a pen and a piece of paper, or open the notes app on your phone.
Write down ONE THING that makes you proud of yourself.
Tape it somewhere you will see everyday. Like your bathroom mirror, or fridge door.

Now, think about a friend or family member.
Write something they have done recently that you admire.
And if you're feeling really daring, call or text that person and tell them what you wrote.

We can do hard things. And hard things are easier when we do them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!