Friday, February 16, 2018

Valentine's Mail + Art

HELLO LAST MINUTE VALENTINE CARDS!

I set reminders for myself in my calendars and day timers and all those places, and I still leave it until the last possible second. But that's cool. Cause that's my jam and I know it.

Also, I might have a few crafts supplies at home or whatever.

Check it out!


SUPPLIES USED
- Hand carved stamps
- Archival stamping ink, black
- Assorted washi tape (hearts! crowns! llamas!)
- Neon Sharpies
- Old paper bags...


So! I didn't have enough envelopes to go with the cards, but that has never stopped me. What I do have is a collection of every single paper bag I have ever received from Treasured Memories and a sewing machine/

Enter handmade envelopes!

Cut paper bag. Stitch 3 out of 4 edges. Insert card. Tape the last edge. Easy peasy.


Lucas came to watch me finish up and got really excited when he saw my stamps! He asked if I was carving again, and I said no. And he told me: "Y'know, stamp carving isn't just for 100 day project. You should carve more stamps."

Damn straight Buddy. Why are you so smart?

xo

FURTHER READING
All of the stamps I used are from my 100 Days of Stamp Carving Project, and those posts can be found here.
I don't do a lot of Valentine's "Crafts", but here's a fun mini! Valentine Mini Book
My post from Valentine's Day 2011 was a real blast from the past...life is so hard and wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!