Sunday, January 07, 2018

Action 2017 - A Year in Review


When I was updating some links on my blog, I noticed that the last time I posted about my Word of the Year, it was JUNE! Yikes! The funny thing is, I felt really connected to my word this year, and I really stuck with it all year. Even when I didn't feel like I was actively pursuing my word, it was still showing up for me and guiding me through some of my sticky moments. My most successful word yet, even though the year overall was kind of weird (to say the least).

ACTION GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Women's March at the Alberta Legislature in January 2017

I applied to be on the Sexual Assault Centre 24 Crisis & Info Line, and was accepted into training. The training itself was 60 hours in the spring. Making it through those sessions, and those two months was really hard on me emotionally and physically, but I made it through, and started on the line in August.

I started running again! And ran a 5km fun race in November, something I didn't think I would be mentally (or physically, but mostly mentally) ready for this year.

I moved in with BFF.

I started and completed a 100 Days Project. #100daysofstampcarving was a complete success. #100daysofwatercolourwhatevers was a successful learning experience, even though I didn't complete the 100 days.

Started meditating. This one didn't stick, but I have decided to re-commit to it as a Daily Practice in 2018.

Recognized the importance of Daily Practices in my life.

Enrolled in a Spanish class with BFF.

Started building and working on my Five Year Plan.


IN SUMMARY

I think my final page in my One Little Word book for the year sums it up quite nicely:

I loved my 2017 OLW and I can see it already making a big difference in my life and my goals. But 2017 was kind of shit and I wanna move on.

I am excited about my 2018 Word - CONNECT - and will be writing a post about it soon. Also watch for a little walkthrough of my 2017 Album. I'm finishing it up today, and mostly just so pumped that I finished the darn thing!!

Did you pick a Word for 2017? How about for 2018?

For more on my Word for 2017, go here.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!