Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tell A Story - My Favourite Human Person

This morning I was late for work. Dude slept in after his long weekend, but we out of the house early, and didn't encounter any major traffic issues on the way. I was late because I made myself late...by sitting in Grandma's driveway for 15 minutes listening to a really exciting part of our audio book. Dude unbuckled himself, and leaned in between the front seats. I was cheering and clapping, and it was a wonderful start to my morning...to my week.

Dear Dude.
I am very proud to be your Momma.

You have been taking more responsibility for your actions and behaviour lately, and apologizing (without being asked) when you do something wrong.

I know you try your best to do the things I ask of you, and I know it can be hard sometimes to remember everything. Mom has that problem too, but I bet if we work together we can help each other!

Thank you for making your own breakfast, cleaning up after yourself, washing the bathroom sink, and putting away your laundry.

Thank you for laughing at my lame jokes, and making me laugh in return, and for always trying to find my ticklish spot.

Thank you for all your snuggles, and kisses, and hugs. I know that one day those will stop, so I cherish each and every one of them now.

You are my favourite human person, and I hope you never forget that.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!