Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Read Comics Now

This isn't a new thing, or something that came on me suddenly. I think it falls under the "Lisa is trying to better herself and pursue things she was never brave enough to pursue before" growth that I am experiencing right now. Growing pains are what they are, but so far this is a good growth!
This may seem like a stupid thing to "be brave" about, but anything that breaks you out of your comfort zone, even in a small and seemingly insignificant way is important! Yessirree. For me, right now in my life, comic books are a small-brave thing that I can do and explore while working on and working up to the big-brave things.

Dude reads comics too! This is him with his stash from Free Comic Book Day! We had to wait in two separate lines for our books, and for what must have seemed like forever for an 8-year-old (who was also very concerned that our parking meter would expire while we were waiting), but he did really good! He actually finished reading a bunch of them while we were standing in line...so...

And sometimes we even read comics together. "Bedtime stories" will never be the same.

If you have any comic book or graphic novel recommendations, I would love to hear them! I never thought I would enjoy reading about super heroes, but I have quite enjoyed "The New 52" series of Batgirl and the same of Batwoman (spoiler alert: she's a lesbian!). The library has bunches and bunches that I can borrow, and I am taking full advantage of that (spoiler alert: they're free!).

p.s. Lucas met BFF for the first time on Free Comic Book Day. I didn't think he noticed that there was an extra person hanging out with us, but he totally did.

#bigdeal
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!