10 facts about me
1. I whistle all the time. So much so, that one of our VPs started whistling at the photocopier the other day and he told me he was doing his Lisa impersonation.
2. I am obsessed with Mezzetta garlic stuffed olives.
3. I hate movies with submarines in them. No that's wrong. I hate the scenes in the movies that show the submarines moving underwater. Freaks me right out!
4. The only shows I watch on TV are Adventure Time, Jeopardy, Doctor Who (on occasion...when I remember...) and whatever movie is playing on TCM.
5. I make fun of my stubby T-Rex arms, but I actually think I have nice arms! And legs, and shoulders, and feet. And my smile is crooked but adorable. Yessirree. It's a fact!
6. I have far too many blue clothes in my closet. Blue is the new black?! On a side note, I barely have anything black. Hmmm.
7. I hate listening to phone messages.
8. I can cook a perfect steak.
9. My favourite machine at the gym is the rowing machine.
10. I have voted in every election in which I was eligible since I was 18.
Elyse's Questions For Me
1. Grow your own or take me to the supermarket? I have grown food in the past, yes. Not loads though, so we would be making a stop at Save On or preferably at the farmer's market early Saturday morning.
2. Gin or tonic or pour me a beer? Yes to both! Like my nominator Elyse, I love a good gin and tonic. But I am also a big fan of beer. Too big a fan perhaps...hmmmm.
3. Do you melt your chocolate in a Bain Marie, microwave or why would I melt chocolate, it's just for eating? Well, I don't know what that first thing is. A Marie Bath?! I make my own double boiler by stacking two pots together on the stove. And then I eat the extra.
4. Meat or vegetables. Again, yes to both. I love a perfect steak, but some days I would prefer to eat my weight in tiny Brussels sprouts.
5. Have you ever ridden on a double decker bus? You bet! Most recently on a city tour of Victoria. It was super chilly on top!
6. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? Beatles.
7. What you wanted to be when you grew up? A mom. A librarian. Awesome. Two out of three ain't bad!
8. When was the last time you climbed a tree? I don't know precisely, but I do enjoy climbing on things. Trees, hills, playground equipment.
9. Favourite Cookery Book? I don't have one. Cookbooks make me feel guilty.
10. Best blogger moment so far? Making new friends!
My Ten Questions For You!
1. If someone were to do an impersonation or draw a caricature of you, what would be the thing they focus on?
2. What food are you obsessed with?
3. An irrational fear. Just one is good.
4. TV watcher or avid reader? (Or perhaps a little from Column A and a little from Column B?)
5. One thing about yourself you hope never changes.
6. Describe your favourite outfit, real or imaginary!
7. One grueling task that you always put off doing
8. Favourite thing to cook, your go-to dish.
9. If you could run outside right now and do something totally fun, what would it be?
10. Something you've done or accomplished that you are super proud of.
In turn, I reward the Liebster to the following blogs:
(I have been a bad blog reader lately...there are only a couple that I check out on a regular basis, so they get the goods this time around)
1. Ginger's The Style of Being
2. Nadine's The Beautiful Ordinary
3. Nicole's Gypsy in Jasper
4. Kayla's Kaylanaut
5. YOU! If you are reading this, and have a blog, why not do this just for fun?! A little "getting to know me" dealio! And then post a comment back here to let me know you played along. Or just POST A DAMN COMMENT HERE SAYING HELLO SO I KNOW YOU ACTUALLY EXIST! Creepers...wink...