Friday, August 09, 2013

Tell A Story


The other night after I got home from work - with my sweet 10% Tuesday haul - I was coming down the stairs, having changed out of my work clothes and I overhead the following exchange take place between Dude & Russ:

Russ: "Do you want to have one of these croissants with your dinner?"
Dude: "Nope. I don't like croissants anymore."
Me (as I'm walking down the stairs): "What?! WHAT?!"

You see, Lucas fell in love with croissants. He saw them in the bakery case on one of those rare occasions that I took him shopping with me. The two that I bought him on that fateful day were both eaten for breakfast the next morning. And he loved them! He positively gushed about them. They were amazing and delicious and the best things ever.

But it was a brief love affair, apparently. Because all of a sudden he is telling me that he likes Grandma's croissants better (Grandma/Pillsbury) or none at all.

Shocked, I exclaimed: "I thought I would get a giant hug and a big 'Thank you so much Mom! You're awesome!' when I brought them home!"

And then without missing a beat, Lucas walked right over to me and gave me a giant hug, and said "Thank you so much Mom! You're awesome!"

Smart kid. Smart, wonderful, special kid.

Tell A Story...


later loves

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 am

    He's a sweetheart that kid of yours. I love that's it's Pilsbury or nothing. Too funny! Get out the baking sheet and have him make them, then see what he says. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Pilsbury! Great idea for these stories!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!