Monday, May 06, 2013

MAY I have your attention please...he he he....

So let's start the post off with a little truth-telling. I can't even remember my April goals...oops.

And now that I have taken the time to look back at them, I didn't fare so well. Double oops!

But, that's okay. They were still good intentions, and they helped set the tone for April. And at this point in my life, that's all I'm looking for from my "Simple Goals of the Month." No pressure. And it's not like I didn't have an amazing April, and do absolutely nothing. So there.

This all means that I am still going to make a list for May, and we'll see what happens!

1. Clean up my yard. It is so gross right now. Snow mould, and dead leaves, and garbage that I didn't get a chance to take care of before the snow came. Yep. I can't really plant anything until June - frost issues, I'm not even kidding - but at least I can make it look somewhat "respectable" (read: not white trash) 2. Complete one mini album. I feel like I have a bunch started (hiding somewhere) that I haven't finished. I lost interest in them, or got too busy or something got in the way - as per usual. I used to love building mini books out of whatever materials I could find. I would like to get back in to this. 3. Go clothes shopping! I have been putting off buying some new clothes for awhile now because I am having a little fight with my current wardrobe. I didn't want to run out and buy a bunch of stuff that would suffer the same fate. So I am taking my time, and am going to be very selective and judicious. They need to be new-job friendly, but also work into spring and summer. At the same time, I don't want to spend too much $$ in case I lose a bunch more weight and nothing fits me in a couple of months. Cause it's not like that hasn't been happening for the past year or so. Damnit. This actually feels less like a "goal" and more just like something I would have done anyway! 4. Do one brave thing. Just one. This feels like the month for bravery...

I did go jump in some puddles, and celebrate BFF's birthday in standard Lisa-style (it means I threw up). So April wasn't a complete bust...ha!

later loves

3 comments:

  1. No one can celebrate a birthday like you my friend!
    So great to see you so much this weekend... although it still didn't seem like enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came in from cleaning my "year" (read: deck full of flowerpots) and see your goal. We're on the same page. Love the puddle-jumping, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 am

    May goal: go home from work before 6 p.m. all five days of the week, without having to work on the weekend to make up for it. So far I'm failing. Womp womp.

    Fun goal: HIKE!!!!!! Hike everything!!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!