Monday, March 04, 2013

Just Say It!


(goddammit....)

This is a hard post for me to write, but please don't ask me why. I put myself "out there" a lot on this blog, but this post (and confession?) leaves me feeling a little vulnerable...but also really STRONG...hmmm....

It's about my Word. The word I have chosen to guide my 2013. My goals, my intentions, my day-to-day. It has been sneaking up in my conversations, and emails, sometimes without me even noticing it.

That means it is the right word.

But that doesn't mean it's not still hard for me to say it.

In fact, when I told lady at work, she asked me straight out what I had to be brave about.

There I've said it. That wasn't so hard. I guess.

BE BRAVE.

I guess that's two words. Or an action. Or whatever.

Just reading those words, and thinking about them makes me feel a glow and a warmth in my heart. Last year I took a lot of baby steps towards becoming more brave, and taking control of my actions and decisions, and it all felt so awesome and amazing and empowering.

I know that I AM brave. Now, I just need to BE brave.

And all those brave baby steps paid off last week. I listened to my heart, and I did something that was SO FRICKEN TOUGH for me to do. But it felt right, and it felt so good afterwards.

And I am SO PROUD OF MYSELF!

I feel like I'M ON FIRE! I feel like I can do anything. I feel like this is just the beginning...

This "being brave" thing is invigorating, and inspiring, and impossible not to love.

That's probably good for now. I just wanted to share. I will have more on "being brave" later.

It's a BIG DEAL people! And I am excited to share, and excited to maybe inspire some of you to BE BRAVE in your life as well...

later loves

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:01 pm

    Yay! You finally shared. I'm so stoked on this word or phrase of yours. And I'm glad to hear you're already taking steps to be brave.

    Now, can you send some of that bravery my way? I need it right now. I have news... that I will share with you via email or card or text or something sometime in the near future. And that news requires some bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You go, girl! Bravery is not something that is come by easily, so good for you for achieving it. You deserve to be proud, and I'm excited to hear more about it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me smile :) I think you're awesome anyway, but even more so for putting yourself out there and making those hard decisions (cause sometimes they really do just suck). I think you picked a great word/phrase(?) and I can't wait to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not at all brave. My word is kindness. I'll stick to that this year, it will be hard enough. lol

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!