Tuesday, December 04, 2012

The Things We Do For Love

Sometimes it is nice to stay in your comfort zone. To keep plodding along with the status quo, doing what you know you are good at, or find easy, or find comfortable. And forget that there is a whole other world out there that needs exploring; that deserves your attention.


But sometimes you've just got to bust out into the cold and uncomfortable! And do things because you just have to do them, because you know that without that thing (or that person) life just won't be as amaze-balls. And staying in your little warm comfort zone might result in you spending the rest of your life wondering "what if". And that's a real stinker.

 I've said it on the blog before, but I'll say it again...I have the BEST FRIENDS!! And I am just now (this past year or so) realizing that I can be a good friend, and I can let people through the Great Wall of Lisa, and that I like hugs! More hugs for me!!

photos taken at about 10:30pm, Thursday, November 29, 2012

I will brave the cold for you.
I will brave a room full of strangers for you...if you ask nicely!
I will stand by your side. I will be your wing-man...err, lady?!
I will leave you alone. I will call you every minute.
I will listen to you pour out your heart. I will sit with you in silence.
I will laugh at your stupid jokes, and laugh for reals at your funny ones!
I will take you out for a beer, for a coffee. I will take you where you need to go.
I will understand. No explanations needed. No matter what.
I might even hug you.
-November 30, 2012


I am quite enjoying all these "deep thoughts doodles" I've been doing before bed. Adding to my moleskine a little at a time soothes my mind, quiets my thoughts, and helps me end my day on the highest of notes. And they help me put things in perspective, and see things in my life for what they truly are. The simplest of things, the most common denominator. My basic needs...food, clothing, shelter, beer, and best friends.

And that is that....expect a mushy Christmas letter from me this year, my friends. Indeed.

later loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!