Friday, November 02, 2012

October Book List

October was an amazing month for starting to read a lot of books, and actually finishing a lot of the ones I started in September as well!

The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter (iBook)
The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett (iBook)
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett (iBook)

I love BFF...for exposing me to all these new authors and books and series and whatever else that I would never have attempted on my own. I love a good recommendation! Terry Pratchett is an amazing author, with an awesome ability to create a witty, clever, outlandish world, and not make it feel too trying or impossible to manage and understand. And lose yourself in.

Persuasion is still one of the best books I have ever read. I think the Baron Elliot is hilarious. I find the sisters ridiculous and endearing. I love the Crofts, and the Musgroves, and the thoughts on Bath, and consequences, and allegiance, and family ties. I love all of it. I love Captain Wentworth's letter, and I love Anne Elliot's thoughtfulness, and timidity, and growth. And I love how even though things look the worst, love and understanding is the winner in the the end! And the movies ain't half bad either! Hello Handsome Wentworth!!!!

I thought I read more books this month. I guess it is still a matter of starting a bunch, but not quite finishing them off. I am still in the middle of Discworld #3 and Snow Falling on Cedars. And to all the non-fiction books I picked up last month, and then never looked at again.....I apologize. Sort of.

Until next month......

later loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!