Saturday, September 29, 2012

More Birthday Awesome-Time

First, a re-cap.

Scrapbooking with the girls - aka "Friday Night Lights" - was completely awesome! I had such a blast reconnecting with my favourite ladies that I just don't see enough. And then Saturday happened, and it redefined what awesome truly means.

I wish I could have bottled the good mood I was in, to save for a rainy day! We grabbed some Mucho Burrito for lunch (Dude: "But I don't like burritos....") then headed north to "ride the rails". The Edmonton Radial Railway Society runs a restored trolley across the High Level Bridge throughout the summer months. This is a bridge that I dread driving on as part of my commute home. It's up super high, and the trolley runs above the cars! Yikes!

But once we got going, I forgot about how high I was and just enjoyed the view. The river valley is a spectacular site in fall, especially now as the leaves are just beginning to shed their summer greenery for a tawny autumn suit. My camera & my photos just don't do it justice.

And the river was so clear! You could see the bottom, and that never happens. The ride is about 20 minutes from the south side of the river, where it departs behind the Strathcona Farmer's Market, to the north side. You can either disembark across from the Legislature, or take the full trip up the "hill" and get off just south of Jasper Ave. We got off there and walked the block to Starbucks for a treat!

And then we caught the train back across, and headed home, where I filled up my new shelves with old books. R & Heath cut the boards down for me in the morning, and I spent most of the rest of the day moving books downstairs, congratulating myself on a job well done, and sitting back to enjoy my hard work! Lots of fuss for a bunch of cheap white shelves (best idea ever.....but whatever!).

We spent the evening at Mom & Heath's place for dinner, cake (gluten-free!) and presents. One of which was my very own record player! Eek! Once we got home, I spent the rest of the night listening to records.

And I had the cutest little helpers for my candles!

Most importantly, I got to spend the whole day with my two best boys! Lucky me.

later loves

p.s. The birthday weekend extravaganza didn't end on Saturday, oh no. Let's see if I can put something together for all the Sunday action....betcha just can't wait! Chompin' at the bit, aren't you?!

2 comments:

  1. What?!?! A record player? You just went up about ten notches on the coolness spectrum!

    Also - I've lived in Edmonton for sixteen years and this is the first I've heard about a trolley! When the heck does it stop running? I so need to check that thing out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Lisa!! I agree the record player is cool :)

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!