Thursday, September 20, 2012

I love me some Chia!

I got turned on to chia how? I think it was a couple of paleo sites. It's a great grain-substitute for those of us going grain and gluten free. Chia is actually a seed. Remember those chia pets sold by the infomercial? Same thing, my friends! Add liquid, and the seed puffs up and becomes a delicious pudding/cereal.

Chia has everything good in it that you could ever want in your body. It's a high (high) source of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. And all you need are a couple of tablespoons to get your "daily recommended" dose. Or so says "S" at work! And if you don't trust "S", then you can just go ahead and google it yourself. I'm not going to go into all the nitty gritty here, but I will give you my opinion on the stuff, cause I know you're just dying to hear my opinion!


It is just so damn good!!

Hell, I love it so much I gave some to a best bud for her birthday earlier in the month. Some may say that's a cheap cop-out of a birthday present. But I prefer to think that I am helping to make her the best Kara she can be. And also, keep her regular.

Cause that's what friends are for!

later loves

p.s. I hear Costco has big bags of it for a decent price, but since I shun that place like it is a plague carrier, I have had to spend more on it. Although, it's on sale at Planet Organic this month. I might have to stock up!

p.p.s. Yes that is a fruit cocktail fruit cup in there. With extra cherries. Sometimes you just take what the pantry has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...is it crunchy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It retains a lot of it's seed properties even when soaked.

      Delete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!