Friday, July 27, 2012

Out With the Old...



Last night, after we got home from Taste of Edmonton, I set about cleaning out my cookbook cupboard (pictured above). I used to actually read & use cookbooks! Gasp! But now my making dinner routine consists of looking in the fridge, seeing what we have on hand, trying to remember what we had the night before, and then making something that is different from that!

My cookbooks represent too much extra work! HA! And now that I am trying my darndest to be gluten-free and dairy-free, a Kraft cookbook just isn't going to cut it! Pretty much everything has cheese melted on it, which I don't eat and Lucas doesn't like! Oh, and there are honestly only so many ways to make Mac-N-Cheese look fancy. Geez.

Those Fresh Juice ones in the top left are spectacular, and are coming to me FREE from Superstore. They are full of real food ideas. And more than anything they don't serve as one giant ad for Superstore (which is kind of what Kraft's What's Cooking was all about).

I will be getting rid of some of my classic Rachel Ray cookbooks soon, so if any of you are interested please let me know!

And yes, I am using this as a procrastinating tool to avoid cleaning out my studio, but at least I am getting some cleaning and organizing done in my house! And that feels better than nothing!

later loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!