Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Book List

Can I just say that June disappeared in to the ether like nobody's business!? What the deuce!? I was celebrating Mother's Day, then all of a sudden it was Russ' birthday, with Father's Day creeping up on it. And then the last day of school hit my ass like a tonne of bricks. And now it's the end of the month, and I am on my way out west to revel in the beach and the rain forest and the sushi that is British Columbia.

Behind the Beyond by Stephen Leacock (borrowed from Dan)
Deadline (Newsflesh Book #2) by Mira Grant (iBook)
Blackout (Newsflesh Book #3) by Mira Grant (iBook)
Life, The Universe & Everything by Douglas Adams
The Time Machine by HG Wells (iBook)
So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish by Douglas Adams
War of the Worlds by HG Wells (iBook)


Everything was awesome! And I recommend it all! I'm going to do up a nice, full review of the Newsflesh Trilogy, and the Hitchhiker's "trilogy" (once I finish it).

The two HG Wells titles were amazing! I was genuinely spooked while reading War of the Worlds. And his insight into the future, as shown in The Time Machine was spot on. Great, timeless, classic short stories.

Have you ever just wanted to sit in the quiet of the day, and read? I had a bunch of those moments this month. Bunches and bunches. It was nice for my brain and my sanity, but not so nice for my to-do list! Ouch!

Also, I find reading at the gym really makes my workout fly right by. Whether this is a good or bad thing, I am still on the fence.

We leave on our big road trip today, which means more reading on the road...umm...yeah. Russ likes to drive, and I like to read and watch the scenery pass me by. And I have many quiet days on the beach "planned" so I hope to make quite a dent in my "to-read" list in July.

And can I also just say that I miss you...and can I borrow Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter for the next two weeks (or so)? Pretty please?

later loves


p.s.
"Go West, young man, go West. There is health in the country, and room away from our crowds of idlers and imbeciles."

"That," I said, "is very frank advice, but it is medicine easier given than taken. It is a wide country, but I do not know just where to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!