Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Stop Trying to Prove Something



"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are."
(Marjorie Hinckley, found on this post of Alisa's)

This is such a sweet sentiment It makes me feel calm way down deep in my soul. I know this. I have always known this. But it's good to have the words in front of my eyes to see and learn and take within.

I am not worried about proving anything to anyone but myself. I do not keep score.

I know what I am. I can laugh at myself, and I can let others laugh at me and with me. And I can over-analyze things, and I can feel two things at the same time that conflict with one another. I can be a contradiction and can be contradicted and corrected. I can be busy and busy and busy and busy, and I can take a moment off.

I am a shit storm of imperfections and that is kind of perfect. Just the way I like it.

I am colour and I am life and I am love.

But sometimes I am afraid...and unsure...(here...this night...this moment...)
And that's okay too. Because I am still moving and still figuring things out and still learning. And everyday I become more brave and more me!

later loves


Kara might still have this dress in her shop, so contact her if you like it!! I've got this one coming this week! WOOT! And can I just say I love you girlie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!