Friday, February 24, 2012

Astronomy in the Hood

"Look to the sky", I said.

I think I have lived up to my side of the bargain.

And hopefully I am on the way to convincing a certain someone to join me outside one of these days.
(updated: I did! One text was all it took to convince him to join me on this random back road. We spent an hour outside watching the sky move, and he saw his first shooting star!)

Photo taken just east of 17 street on 23 avenue, Edmonton. Thursday, February 16, 2012. Around 9pm.

The clouds came a-swooping in and I had to call it a night earlier than I had hoped. But the weather was beautiful otherwise, and I got some sketching done. I am now trying to find out which constellations I was looking at. Aside from the Big Dipper...that one is a no-brainer.

And if it isn't, maybe you would like to join me as well.

later loves

p.s. Like my workout outfit? I was previously at Spa Lady on this night. On a positive note, my previously skin-tight leggings are getting loose and I can now fit into every one of my previously too small Threadless tees. The only possible word for this is awesome...

p.p.s I think I am on my way to making a new friend! I am beyond excited. You have no idea how difficult it is, which makes it all the more rewarding.

3 comments:

  1. I'm assuming it exists for iPad, buuuut Google makes a sky maps type app, not 100% accurate (I'd say off by a few degrees) but it was SUPER fun for us while we were in Chile, got to identify a TON of new constellations I wouldn't have ever recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting mighty buff, Lisa. I'd be careful if I were you. No sense in feeling TOO good about yourself. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm, also just saw this and it reminded me of you....so...there's that :P http://xkcd.com/1020/

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!