Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Break

I think I'm going to start my Christmas blog break a little early. But first, I'll give you a little pre-Christmas update!

The Christmas concert was a success! Lucas didn't get upset or sad or anxious. He even sang one line of one song and sort of did the little dance! His class sang two songs, and he got to wear his slippers and reindeer antlers. Because he sometimes has issues with lots of noises, his teacher keeps a pair of large headphones in the classroom. For tonight, she taped the reindeer antlers right to the headphones! They kept falling off of his head, so Lucas spent most of the concert trying to fix them. It was the cutest thing!!

In Friday night I convinced the boys to go see the lights at the Legislature. Lucas wasn't too keen to go, but I let him know there would be snow and Christmas lights, so he was happy. It was chilly and getting late, so we didn't hang out for too long.

On Saturday we attended the official Good Family Christmas party out at my aunt and uncles. They have a "farm" just outside of Beaumont, and every year Uncle Mike hooks up the horses to the sleigh and takes the big kids and little kids on a hay ride! There was barely any snow this year, so it was a wagon ride instead.

And tonight, I finally finished decorating the tree! Lucas put his two McQueen ornaments on, and I did the rest. As I was decorating it, I was remembering the stories behind each ornament and when Russ & I bought the ribbon, and all the good stuff I love about Christmas. I'm thinking that would be a nice addition to my December Daily!

I'm really enjoying reading Ginger's blog and all she has done in her December Daily album. I've been trying really hard to keep up with keeping track of all the things going on this month. We haven't been doing a lot of Christmas-related things, but we have been keeping busy enough. It will be nice to look through in the coming years. I still wish I could start some new family traditions, but the boys just don't seem to care, so it's really hard for me to care.

Christmas is only a few days away, and I still have some last minute gifts to buy (Russel...) and then wrap. But I plan on enjoying the time off and taking a nice break before getting back to things in the New Year. There will be lots of time for setting goals and making plans next week!

So Merry Christmas! I'll see you in a week or so!!


1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Lisa. Thank you for the awesome Christmas card-it's so LISA! I Hope your Christmas is everything you hope for. (and I know it will be) Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!