Monday, December 19, 2011

Behind the Scenes

I love taking "behind the scenes" photos of our "Annual Family Photo Shoot". Sometimes these guys are the ones that truly capture the memories and moments of that day. Mom getting the camera set up and doing some test shots. Lucas running around somewhere else, me sitting and smiling for those test shots!
 I've said it before and I'll say it again: sometimes those photos that just didn't turn out right make the best addition to your layout! I stuck a blurry photo of the leaves behind the title. I think it balances the photo on the right and creates a great backdrop for the title. And it gives me a little reminder about the weather and the type of day it was back then!
Technique Tip: try stamping on patterned paper like I did here with the Jenni Bowlin starburst on American Crafts paper. It's a pretty cool look.

 Speaking of behind the scenes, I thought I would give you a taste of my "photo booth" set up at home. Right now the only place inside my house with good light and easy access is this spot right in front of the sliding doors. 
The white paper is from a super large colouring book and not only makes for a nice background, but it also does a good job of reflecting white back on to the pages to really brighten them up. Winter light is so hard for me to take good photos, with true colour. But this is the best setup I've come across so far, and it works great in the summer as well! And it's easy to set up and tear down!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!