Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Vest of Three


So, I bought this vest during my Value-Village-trip-to-end-all-VV-trips. It is one of those amazing bargains that most of us thrifters live for. The original tag was still inside, with the replacement buttons attached.
So what, that's 90% off?? I'm just no good with math...

I do know that it looks good! And fits like a dream.

And so brings me to my latest "blog feature", to help me with organizing and arranging and dealing with my blog in a happy-go-lucky way. "Rule of Three" just means I'm going to be taking three things and putting them together in one post. One vest worn three ways, three pieces of pattern paper used on three different layouts, three DIY ideas using the same stash of stuff, etc.
So this is the vest...

Outfit#1: Rock Me Gently

I love this one! And other people loved it too! What the!?!? This is my lame version of a rocker...at least it made me feel that way. I bought real grey jeans the other day (another what the!?!?) and then another pair (at VV) and now am wondering what I ever did without them. I love the look of the vest with the long tee, but wouldn't this also look amazing with a pair of high-waisted pants and a crop top? This whole look really made me feel tall: the heels and the slim-leg jeans, and the long shirt paired with the cinched waist of the vest. Even when I put on my grandpa sweater to go out, I felt cool. I should have put the Fedora on!

Deets: Jeans/Addition-Elle. Shoes/Mall. Tee/Joe. VEST. Pin/Vintage. Spoon ring and bracelet/handmade & unknown.

Outfit #2: Greenish
This is my go-to green dress from Joe. I can wear it with just about anything, and am intrigued at how well it has held up over the year & a half I've owned it (aside from the giant rip in the side pocket from when I caught it on Junior's gate at the store...). This is a more casual outfit, but is spiced up with the addition of some interesting accessories...the bright headband/turban & stacked bracelets (trending this year...).

Deets: Dress & Tee/Joe. Jeans/Addition-Elle. VEST. Shoes/Chucks. Headband/handmade from some scrap fabric I dyed with Colour Wash. Bracelets from top/handmade by 2nd Mom, from KC, from my best friend in elementary school.

Outfit #3: Mis-Matched Librarian

Another fabulous VV score the 'Day of the Vest' was this wool skirt. It's a little small (it fit better in the change room) but that's what vests and belts are for...hiding the pins holding it up in the back! And did I mention it has pockets which is a necessity for me in a skirt, but also a rarity. I love how the high-waist of the skirt and the cinch of the vest and all the stripes going on create an illusion of length and make me look taller and skinnier...a must in any outfit! The shoes don't hurt the illusion! I might try this look with a different tee next time.

Deets: Skirt/Value Village. Shoes/Mall. VEST. Tee/Joe. Bracelet/handmade. Earrings/vintage.

So that was the first 'Rule of Three' post...I have lots more planned, including some layouts I'll be posting next week, all using the same three pattern papers! I'll have to find a good way to categorize these posts, or organize them further so they're easier to find. I like having features like this, as it gives me a chance to make my blogging a little more purposeful, and plan things in advance, and maybe give you a reason to keep coming back!


2 comments:

  1. Miss Lisa, I totally own that vest! I didn't pay full price for it, but I certainly did not pay $3.49! well done! miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawt! I think Miss Match is my favorite :) Can't wait to see more 333sss!!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!