Thursday, September 29, 2011

Paper of Three


This time around, I thought I would attack another lurve of mine...clothing last week and pattern paper this week. I have a weak spot in my life for a beautiful sheet of pattern paper. It's a terrible habit to have and an impossible one to break. It's the cheapest scrapbooking supply to buy, and it's so damn gorgeous!

So I bought these three sheets of paper as soon as they hit the shelves at TM a couple of weeks ago. The colours are just too good! And the patterns simple enough that I can make them work in lots of different ways.

So my Rule of Three this week is showing you how to use these three sheets of double-sided pattern paper on three completely different layouts! This was way too much fun!


Pattern paper deets: Crate Paper's Random Textile, Jillibean Soup's Homemade 6-Bean Soup Barley PearlsSweet & Sour Soup Shredded Cabbage. These are the pages I used, but feel free to do this with whatever you have at home in your own stash!!


Layout #1: What the Truck? Can you spot the three papers?? I used them in classic-Lisa-style...cutting them into tiny strips! The orange numbers on Shredded Cabbage are a great way to make the date part of the design. And I think those spools on Barley Pearls are just screaming to get cut out and used as an embellishment themselves, don't ya think?

Layout #2: T & Me. On this layout, the papers are front and centre. I was thinking of quilts when I created the hearts & squares grid that takes centre stage. These are super simple to create: grab a square punch and a heart die cut and off you go. You could do a few rows of these and really make a statement!


Layout #3: What Ya Looking At? Can I just say that I lurve all the orange going on here!? I used a bunch of my new-to-me Studio Calico (tags, FabRips, stickers) and some nice big strips of my "Paper of Three". The colour combo of the moment - grey, aqua & orange - is really brought to life!
 

On all three layouts I used some of the *new Studio Calico "Classic" line. The papers are the perfect neutral prints for backgrounds! And the embellishments aren't too shabby either (the small star rub-ons and stickers in layout #3, and the woodgrain and house stamps in layouts #1 & #2).

So here you have three completely unique layouts, with three completely different themes and photos and colours in photos that are united by their pattern papers! This was a super fun project, one I can see duplicating in the future. Kind of like making a kit out of your own supplies, this is a great technique to get you to see your supplies in a new way! And help you make the most out of them as well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!