Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm up for a change...

In my house, in my life, in my scrapping. I spent last Wednesday morning doing some cleaning in the house, and it was refreshing and redeeming. I've decided I need to get off my butt and do the things I've wanted to do for so long, and quit second guessing myself! I want those industrial-looking shelves for my DR! I want to fill my stairwell with frames! I want to get rid of the fireplace!

I want to play...
I want to make backgrounds...
I want to make a mess...
 I was playing with the new Crafter's Workshop Stencils at the store the other day. I love these things! LOVE! I'm really going to have to do up a special series of posts about stencils and the magic you can create with them...but for now you'll just have to settle for this...

Remember this tag I made awhile back?

It did make it on to a page! Just like I said!!
 Notice, if you will, the lovely tags from Studio Calico that I made messy with some Distress Ink and water drops. Notice the Pink Paislee Mistable scallop canvas thingy that I made awesome with more of the same Colour Washes I used on the background.

It's too bad I can't get people to take a class with a layout like this! Playing around with colours and textures like this, creating backgrounds and layers and using the random bits you find laying around on your craft table...there's nothing quite like it!!

Bloggy things on my plate this week:
- Video tutorial for this layout
- Stencil ideas (possibly another video!)
- New classes coming up (need to design the classes first!)
- Bathroom reno update
- Blogger FYI...any suggestions?

I think that's enough...unfortunately there are still only seven days in a week (this isn't Beatles-land people)!


1 comment:

  1. Whoa, first I was going to say that I really really like this background, then I was going to say I really really like the tag, but apparently, I really really really love this LO!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!