Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap...

I've been busy these past couple of days! It's been so nice to just be home and do home-type things. Like, cook dinner and do the dishes, which was quite a novelty the other day.

I've got some Fashion Un-Ables coming up, and some foodies and some funsies! So let's get started...

Taste of Edmonton on Thursday. It's sort of getting old for the Kerchers, but it's still a nice family-outing.

We made this sweet spread for dinner the other night. It was so yummy! I found a great new food magazine at Safeway the other day, with some great and simple recipes in it. I used one of the recipes for a marinade/sauce on the chicken and vegetables...all chili and lime and goodness. Plus there were lots of chicken kebabs left over for sammies all weekend.

R & I dropped off Lucas at Grandma's and hit up Heritage Days on Saturday afternoon. It was hot and busy, and I was wearing a tight belt so we didn't eat much and it was slow going, even without Lucas.
We did get some good food, Russ sat in a couple of Scions, and I just couldn't get over the stacks of mangoes behind the Guatemala stand! I mean...wow!

I've been trying out some new outfits lately...trying to stay cool and show off my tan at the same time! HA!!
 I put the flower in my hair in the morning to get my hair out of my face, but I liked it so much I decided to base this outfit off of it! How cute am I? Too bad it didn't work out in the end...too hot. Too. Too.

And the skirt is too big.

Yay?

This next number was the dress of the day. Light and easy-breezy. Please ignore my Alfalfa hair-do...this is so unfortunate. I gave myself a hair cut tonight, so hopefully my next Fashion Un-Ables will be less embarrassing...at least in the hair department!
 
Kara might recognize the belt from my Lethbridge purchases so long ago. This skirt is also too big, but I cinched the belt nice and tight - too tight for lunch - so it stayed up all day! I bought this necklace at the Downtown Farmer's Market, but the disappointment from this purchase will have to be saved for another post.

I think I make beige look pretty good!

peeps...

1 comment:

  1. I think your hair looks just fine, girlfriend! And as always, your sense of style is second to none...

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!