Monday, August 01, 2011

Bathroom Reno - Back on Track!

During the first trip to the bathroom at home after our long trip, I noticed all the things wrong with our little main floor room. I guess it comes from spending so much time in other bathrooms, some of which were quite lovely! It really put a fire under my bottom (gosh bad metaphor for the topic, sorry!) to get going on our bathroom renos, that we've been putting off for a year or so! You might remember this post from long long ago. I hope I've lived with some of those ideas for long enough, that I am ready to make a decision

So I did some googling, and some light "research" and here is the design sheet I came up with. It's still pretty basic at this point, but you get the idea (and hopefully, so will my husband!)

I've decided on a green, white and grey colour scheme, with yellow added in for an accent colour. The paint swatch does not do the colours justice! The green will be the same tone as the bright wall in my dining room, but less bright! And the bottom colour is the supposed to be same as all the other walls on my main floor (more yellow, less beige!)

I have no idea on the flooring yet. I want cork everywhere else, so why not start in the biffy? That means we'll have to do all the floors though, which we are so not up for! Other options include ceramic tile or linoleum, no more vinyl for me, thanks very much.

I'll spend some of today measuring the space and I'm hoping to get started on the shopping this week for the "important stuff" - sink, cabinets, mirror, faucet. I really need to get to some flooring showrooms and check out samples and colours and all that "good" stuff. And then all that's left is the installation, which shouldn't be too hard, eh!? HA!

Really, I'm looking forward to putting in some long, tough hours getting the smallest room in the house up to snuff. It will be my first real renovation project, and it's exciting! And hopefully it won't be the last. I have grand plans for the kitchen, the other bathroom, and the master bedroom as well.

Wish me luck!

Sources for photos used in collage: Glass bottlesnewspaper basket DIY, white shelf, faucet, mirrored cabinet, sink cabinet. I made the paint swatch using tools on the Behr website.

1 comment:

  1. good luck! I'm excited to see before & afters!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!