Thursday, July 28, 2011

we're back

We drove in late last night.

Lucas has been downstairs playing with his toys all morning (and he was up early to boot!).

I paid some bills, read some blogs, and in general just basked in the glory of being home.

And yet, things that I left behind are now starting to catch up on me and drag me down again, and I hate that. So I will spend the rest of the day doing boring house things like unpacking and getting groceries. And leave all of that other stuff until tomorrow.

On a side note...I will be forever grateful to any of you who recorded any episodes of the recent Torchwood series showing on Space (or the international equivalent) and will let me come over to your house and watch them. Stupid SYTYCD - which I thought I had stopped recording - kept right on trucking and filled the box! Like, immediately after we left. I would bring snacks! And gratitude! And they could be chocolate-based snacks!

I have no immediate plans for blog-related things in the next little bit. You know how getting "away from it all" can sometimes put things in perspective? Well, we shall see what kinds of things I change in my life in the next little bit, making way for things I love and letting go of things I did not miss while away. Blog fate...undecided. Shop fate...decided. Hobby realignment...most definitely. Priorities...shifting.

I'll probably start sharing photos from the trip next week. Looking over some blogs I follow, I am distracted by their wonderful photography and disappointed in my own lack of skills. Is this something I want to work on? And how...?

Sometimes, I really hate the daily grind.

4 comments:

  1. Cheer up girlfriend, it''s always hard to end a fun vacation. Take all the time you need. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures! Wish you could have packed me in your suitcase so I could have joined you! I could have used a nice getaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Lisa yay you are home! I missed you. I am very excoted to see what changes this little trip brings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am concerned with said fates. Please elaborate immediately. Also, perhaps my Shaw on Demand will have these shows for free... must check tomorrow... I do like chocolate and Lisa time :)

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!