Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trip Advisor: Electra!



Wow, my first guest blogger! I was so ecstatic when I got Patti's email telling me she wanted to help me with my blog while I'm away. She is a special lady, one blog-friend I have been lucky enough to meet in real life! I'll let her take it away....
*****

Hi folks, Electra here, one of Lisa's blogland buddies.
Except that we don't just connect in blogland, we actually both live in the same province: Alberta! And I have been blessed to be able to travel north a few hours to take a couple of very cool classes from her!

When Lisa said she would be off gallivanting for a few days somewhere other than here (blogland/Alberta) and asked if anyone would be interested in doing a guest post, I though to myself, "Self, you can do one of two things here.

You can sit in your UNBELIEVABLY HOT condo and sweat and feel bitter that Lisa is off having a good time somewhere and you're not, or
You can climb up out of that pity-pot and move the (only) fan you have, to blow on your computer chair, and put something together that people might actually like to read...."

Hmmm.

Then I said, "Self?  What would people like to read?"

Well, maybe how to make a million dollars without earning it?
How to lose that extra weight you've been feeling crummy about, while still stuffing your face with Cheesies and chocolate cookies?
How to get your child(ren) to do all the housework while you lay on the couch and eat bon bons, while watching your favorite soap opera all day?

OR, shall I just show them some pictures of the incredibly pretty province in which Lisa and I live?

Yup, that's it.


MOUNTAINS

FLOWERS


LAKES


PRAIRIES

WINTER

SUMMER

MORNING

EVENING

And there you have it.  ALBERTA
More square feet of awesomeness than any other place of earth.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some bon bons to eat.
Thanks for stopping by, and LISA,
Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.
s*i*g*h*


*****
All photos taken by the super-talented Patti...makes me love Alberta a little more seeing it through her lens! I'll be back tomorrow with another Crafty Thursday post, and I even have a Fashion Un-Able planned for Friday! Lucky you!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Lisa. I wasn't sure if we should tell the 'Mericans that our province is like their state. Nah. They'll figure it out. We have smart friends. I hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos Patti! another talent we didn't know you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog hop...awesome..post and pictures. (:o)..and now..some bonbons*lol* Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:47 pm

    Wow! Such beautiful images. Thank you so much for beautiful tour of your lovely Alberta.

    And it is a pleasure to meet you, Lisa. I hope your trip was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!