Friday, June 17, 2011

Living Room DIY...on a Friday, no less!

I just needed to post this before I left. Groceries can wait.

My LR DIY involves a 99cent tray from IKEA, some spray paint and the plastic lace place mat from Urban Outfitters.

This is the starting point. A simple plastic tray I wanted to provide a more stable surface on my orange rolly footstool. The blue is sweet, but does not match my LR.

Step One: Spray it white. Doesn't have to be a perfect coat. We just want the blue to be mostly covered.

Step Two: Lay down your stencil/mask. I am using the plastic place mat I bought from Urban Outfitters ages ago. Make sure it is laying as flat as you can manage.

Step Three: Spray over the entire surface with brown spray paint. Remove lace place mat and let the whole thing dry.

Isn't it lovely! I'm going to put a coat of gel medium over it, cause the spray paint makes it kind of sticky!

later skater alligator

2 comments:

  1. Rarrr!! I am so in love with this! Why do you have to be so darn talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! Plastic elegance, no less!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!