Saturday, May 28, 2011

Late Night Friday Fashion DIY Tank

Top that is. A tank top. I'm not doing a fashion army tank or anything, although military style is always in style.


Back to the subject Lisa, geez Louise.


Today I want to show you a tank top I embellished a couple of weeks month or so ago. It's sort of a DIY. Scratch that. It's more of a DIM, which stands for "did it myself". I'm not really included any instructions here, not of the photograph kind anyway.


Get it? Got it? Good.


Have you noticed all the lace out there? On t-shirts, dresses, skirts, bags? Heck, Anthro even has a pair of shorts made out of lace. I'm going to go as far as to say, we might see #lace trending soon...that's a Twitter reference. I'm trying out being one of the "cool kids"...

Anyhoo...again...I have some leftover lace from my Christmas party dress that I have been holding up next to many a project, but nothing has seemed to be a good fit. Until now.


Enter ugly old tank from Joe. It's a nice-ish colour, but totally plain and not working for me anymore.


And, to boot, it's sort of in the same colour family as my leftover lace. It's blue. They're both blue. Hoorah.


So here it is...
All you need to do is lay out your lace so it cover the back of your tee or tank, pin it down, then cut and sew. The flowers on the front are made from the same lace, and handstitched on.

And since I sort of went crazy and bought a whack load of tanks and tees in various colours and sizes, I am sharing the embellished love with all of you! Yep, you guessed it...here comes another shop update!

I have a couple of lace-embellished tees and tanks in the shop, in a couple of different sizes, styles, etc. You'll have to just check it out! I've actually only got two in there right now, but am planning on adding at least two more on Monday.


And thanks to all of you who have been checking out Lime Door @ Big Cartel! I can't wait for my first sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!