Thursday, April 14, 2011

Using the Blog for Good

Here is your Public Service Announcement of the week!

I have been (loosely) following the election campaigns, but mostly trying to avoid the lambasting rhetoric that masquerades as useful candidate/party information. yeah...it's tough.

I have, however, been more actively following the Open Media campaign to stop usage-based billing, and through them learned of a Conservative measure to pass "lawful access" legislation. I also recently actually added my two cents to a post! Gasp!

You can read the article and my comment here: The Conservatives Commitment to Internet Surveillance by Michael Geist

This is all important stuff for all Canadians. I think if more people were aware of these issues,  they would take an interest in them and the election that could get politicians talking about this. And then maybe more people would vote.

here's hoping, eh.

Also, I'm sort of sad I missed the English-language debate on Tuesday. Those are always good for a laugh. Unfortunately, I was busy losing my iPod downtown that night. Boo.

Is this a "Feature" that you would like to see more or less of? I have lots of PSA-like ideas...let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I for one would like more posts like this... I really have been ignoring this election, seriously, I think I have given up on politics... I am so sick of it... provincial... federal... nothing changes... but your post here has definitely made me more aware and I will be passing it on to a few people I know (here's hoping I can sway their votes). Thanks for making me more informed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Thanks for the link. It's so complicated.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!