Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Make It

I have been living it up in the 2011 Phrase department these past couple of months! I have fully immersed myself in my phrase, and am trying to put it to work in all facets of my life.


Make Its...
- a bag to hang in the main floor closet and store all those gross grocery store plastic bags
- a similar, yet smaller bag to hang from my clothesline downstairs and hold all my clothespins
- mailing station (to store envelopes, stamps and address labels in the same place! wonder of wonders!)
- a shower curtain cover
- new curtains for the bathroom


And photos...

and for storing my grocery bags...I forgot to put the title on the picture...I'm still learning!


And for storing my clothespins. Please ignore my grubby basement.


My mailing station...usually my nice gold Buddha is usually watching over this. It's an old box that I covered with black paper. The divider inside is another piece of the box. I cut a groove into the bottom of the box and taped this guy inside. I can store all my mailing labels (the MS Society keeps me in stock), stamps and envelops in the same place!
Nothing terribly exciting per se, but it is thrilling to know that when I put my mind to something, it works out! Yay! That's where the Sustain It part comes in! These were all super simple sewing projects. Pretty much just straight lines. Except for the mailing station...no sewing there.


Also, would it be strange if I made myself a dress in the same material as my bathroom curtains? No one would have to know...except you guys, now that I've spilled the beans. Oops! Don't tell okay!


Made anything lately?


later skater alligator


*****
P.S. I thought some of you might start asking about my fabric choice, so here's a handy list!
Clothespins and Bags Bag: Found a swath of this ratty stuff at a thrift store (VV I think). It was super cheap, and it appears to be some kind of upholstery fabric. You might remember it from Christmas Countdown Calendar 2010. It is a terrible colour, but it works well for utilitarian projects like this that need something sturdy, but won't actually be seen by anyone. Except for now...on this blog...what is wrong with me!?!?!


Shower curtain curtain: "All the houses" is from IKEA. I bought this stuff last year with this project in mind. Not my fault it took this long for me to get to it! Did you know you can buy fabric by the metre at IKEA? And it's not pricey, and it's super crazy! Go down to where they keep the "textiles", aka drapes, rugs and pillows, and you will find bolts tucked into the corner. They don't have a huge selection, but what they have is unique, fabulous, and very limited-edition-like.


Bathroom window curtain: From Fabricland. It has a beautiful silvery thread running through it, and it comes in lots more colour combos. It seems to me there were other similar patterns in this colour choice as well...plaid maybe? Not sure of the brand, but I bet I could find out!

*****
Digital Elements...
Those fab flowers are from The Gilded Bee via Pugly Pixel
I'm trying this out, this digital fancying up of things, so don't judge my lame-o attempt this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!