Thursday, February 17, 2011

December 25, 2010

I never ever scrapbook my Christmas photos. First of all, I usually never take any pictures on or around the Christmas holidays. And Second, the ones I do take are usually all blurry and grainy and dark and terrible, and who wants to scrapbook those. Not me.

But this year, my mood has shifted. Don't ask me why. Perhaps I am getting soft in my "old age" HA! Maybe it's because there's a baby in the mix again (I did scrapbook Lucas' first Christmas, and this was Jacob's first). Whatever it is, I am embracing it while it lasts and getting all the layouts I can out of it before the feeling passes.
These photos were taken by Russel on Christmas Day at my Dad's house. I shoved the camera at him and said: "take some pictures". And he did. And I am so glad for it!
This started out as a very random page...one that I was un-inking my letter stamps on! HA! Then I used it to protect my work surface when I applying glitter to something else, so it got some random glitter on it. And the paint is random as well...and unrelated to this layout (at first).
IMG_4081
I love the little bits of green stitching on the blue ribbon.
I love the swirly blue ribbon that meanders around the layout, like it has just been unwrapped.
I love the bits of rub-on lace showing through here and there.
I love the piece of pattern packing tape, tape that I can't find in my house anymore.
I love the shimmery acetate snowflake (alcohol ink and perfect pearls).
I love the tracks of my sewing machine.
I love that Russel took these pictures of me and some of my favourite people!

love
later skater alligator

Supplies: Alpha stickers: American Crafts. Date sticker: KI Memories. Sparkly branch: Making Memories. Rub-ons: Hambly (lace) and Studio Calico (clock). Alpha stamp: Stampin' Up

2 comments:

  1. This is really great, Lisa! I love the random glitter and the meandering ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magical accidents. Love your whimsy, you talented woman, you.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!