Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Hide"...a Layout

Just because I'm not on the DT anymore, doesn't mean I can't play along!

This is the Twisted Sketch to welcome the new sisters...check out this post for the original sketch. The twist was "map" so I cut out a piece of an Albertan map approximately where I think Spring Lake is (location in the pictures).
See how clever I am!? I used the "h" and the "i" from the alphabet on the paper to form part of my title. Tee hee! Journaling reads: "Lucas went through a phase when he really didn't like getting his picture taken. Here he is trying so hard to hide behind Gma...but they were giggling so hard it turned into a game. Hiding Lucas is like trying to hide an elephant."
 I really love how the background turned out. It started as a bright green border, as I was trying to de-paint my brush after finishing another project! Then I added some Colour Wash and Mister Huey (the grey spray is so yummy!), and Distress Ink and those stamped circles. The larger circles were made by misting through the holes made when I punched the letters from their sheet. They are randomly placed and randomly sprayed...just the way I like it!

Supplies List:
Pattern paper: Studio Calico and Cosmo Cricket                       Letters: Graphic 45 (die cut) and Basic Grey (small)
Chipboard: old Scenic Route                      Label: Art Chix               Rub ons: Basic Grey
Stickers: Sassafras, CI                  Brads and Baubles: My Mind's Eye, Webster's Pages                  Stamps: Stampin Up
Inks: Ranger Distress Ink and Colour Wash in Lettuce. Studio Calico Mister Huey in Warm Calico. The green paint is my own concoction. 

Wander over to the site to check out the layouts from the New Sisters, and say hi for me!

later skater alligator

p.s. One of the things I really love about this new blog layout is how large I can make my photos without it being too overwhelming! So much better than before! HEY GUYS...you would be a total help to me if you found any dead links, or misspellings and let me know...thanks in advance! Any suggestions you can make on what you would like to see on not ladylike in the future are always welcome as well!

4 comments:

  1. Hi friend,
    I tried to put up your new button, I copied and pasted the code and it didn't put up the picture but rather the code that I had pasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh...i've been meaning to fix that...not sure what went wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun layout! Love the repetition of all the circles and textures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paint and bit and pieces on this layout Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!