Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Creative Type - February Guest DT

I have been waiting so long to share this with you guys! It's the layout I did up for the February challenge over at The Creative Type, that I won a guest spot on the Design Team for!
The challenge was to use something musical in your paper, and scrapbook a love song. 
So I did up "Feels Like Home" by Chantel Kreviazuk, as it was my wedding song. Truthfully, I couldn't think of any other love songs, or photos to scrapbook! The photos I used are from Russ Christmas party, and random sky shots I took in Mom's front yard last summer. (note: right after I submitted this layout I had a bunch more ideas of love songs...talk about having a brain fart at just the right moment eh!?)
This one has a lot of stitching on it, as is my current "signature". I especially love the little arrows I did! 
My favourite part of the layout is the flowers inked into the background. I used one of my stencils, and applied Tim Holtz's Distress Ink with an old makeup sponge. Then I went back over some areas with a Perfect Medium pen, and brushed green and red Perfect Pearls over the inked areas. Now the flowers have this fabulously subtle shimmer! Now that I know how to set the Pearls (with a spritz of water), I think I might use them on everything!

Thanks for stopping by!

later skater alligator

p.s. I was so excited when I saw a little picture of myself in my blog feed this morning...coming from another blog! Awesome!

3 comments:

  1. I love the flowers on this layout! Beautiful! And is that lace from your redesigned dress I see??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "lace" you see is actually a Hambly transparency! I guess I should have included a supplies list (...forthcoming!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!