Thursday, January 06, 2011

Read It...

The idea for this post comes from a Blogger that I've been following for awhile now. Such Sweet Tierney is crazy awesome, talented and had a most rad wedding (and shared most of the photos from it!). And she has a new project to share...

Project 52 is her goal to read 52 books this year! WOW! And I thought I was ambitious with my goal of 24 last year (I finished with a total closer to 30).

These are her rules:
1. You may read at your own pace, but I recommend one book per week.
2. No re-reads. If you began a book but didn't finish that is ok.
3. No magazines, e-books, audio books, textbooks, etc.
4. Acceptable forms: All fiction, non-fiction, and collections of essays, short stories or poetry. Graphic novels count as long as there are lots of other types of books being read too!

I might count re-reads...I'm not sure if I can afford to buy 52 new books this year, and I'm not sure I can find 52 new books to borrow from someone/the library. I would also count e-books, if I had an e-reader, which I don't. I will try my best to get as close as possible to 52 Books! And I will post my progress as I go! Did any of you put "read more" on your 2011 list?

Amy and I went to see the latest Harry Potter movie yesterday (Grandma got to watch both boys. She says Lucas is a great babysitter!). I must admit that I was kind of lost. Amy loved it, but she had re-read the book back in November, and it has been years since I read the book. I might add that one to my list...and these ones as well:
(this sort of counts right? it might be too pricey for me though, sad face)

Jasper Fforde - a tie for first place in the "Lisa's Favourite Author" category.

Hellboy - yes please!


This post has got me thinking of Wish Lists...some of the books above made it on to a wish list of mine, and some didn't. I did get two amazing books from my sister (and have already finished one!)
The Flying Troutmans. By Miriam Toews, a Canadian author. I love books with a good story, and quirky characters, and her books live up to this 100%. I highly recommend this one, and A Boy of Good Breeding and A Complicated Kindness, which was the first book of hers that I read. She has a new one coming out in April! Yippee!!

And speaking of Christmas, and wish lists, I got a super nice grey cardigan from my step-Mom. It's Ralph Lauren! Ooh la la!! I should really get a picture...

And speaking of Ralph Lauren sweaters...when Lucas, Russ and I were at the mall before Christmas, we were doing some Bay shopping (which just means Russ tries stuff on and Lucas and I sit on the fitting room couch...now I know what a regular guy feels like when shopping with his gal!). Ralph Lauren has some tacky yet beautiful (and soft, oh my goodness) sweaters, and one had his initials on it...R-L. So I told Lucas that it was the Russ-Lisa sweater! HA! And then said, no it's the Russel-Lisa-Lucas sweater because the L stands for Lucas and Lisa! Such a sweetheart!

Right now I am on the hunt for a new bag...I heart vintage bags like this, and my Ward Air tote is sporting a nasty hole. Boo. I might just have to pull out the duct tape and make a quick fix...I have put myself on a spending freeze for the next couple of months!

I tried to get some posts scheduled last night, but Blogger was not cooperating, like, at all. So I have to push back my Blog makeover. But that won't stop me from getting my Lime Door Winter Release post up this weekend...I'm determined.

Last night I did some more work on a mini-project I've had in the works for awhile, and I am quite excited about the possibilities! I still have to work out some "manufacturing" issues, but when it's ready I'll do up a full and fancy reveal here!

later skater alligator

P.S. Re: Harry Potter: DH Pt. 1 Amy and I agree that "Ron Weasley" and his brothers are hot, and it totally was 2 hours of camping, and it was pleasantly spooky. Lucas learned "On Top of Spaghetti" yesterday and him singing it in his little, quiet, off-key voice might be the sweetest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!